By: Tasha Dillard
- Park further away from the building. Don’t feel the need to get that “best” parking space all the time! Start burning calories as soon as you get to work and when you leave by traveling further distance to your car. Helpful Info: This also may reduce the number of door dings your car will get
- Take a brisk walk during lunch. Jump start your lunch by taking a heart felt walk. This can be done around the building or the parking lot. Always remember safety!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. While stairs have become the last option for entry, they are great for shaping those legs and working that heart muscle! If you work on the 112th floor or even the 21st floor, I am NOT suggesting that you walk up all of those stairs!! Take the elevator to the floor just before yours and then walk up one flight or as many as you feel that you can do.
- Stand/Walk while talking making return calls. If you voicemail box is full of messages, then while you return your calls, stand or walk around your office. This will burn calories without you even knowing it!
- Stretching. Yes, you can burn calories stretching! Begin your day with simple stretches or do them after either of the previously mentioned exercises. Make sure you breathe through each stretch deeply and slowly and hold each for about 5-7 seconds.