Friday, November 19, 2010

When its cold outside.....what are you reading??

By: TASHA DILLARD


R&B singers KC & JoJo onces asked in a song, "When its cold outside, girl, who are you holding?" Well, I want to know, What are you reading? Recently, I asked what people are reading for the winter/holiday season and to my surprise many people replied, "I don't know, you tell me!"  So I began to think, "What would I like to read that would keep me warm this winter?" Well without further adieu, here is what I came up with:

Of course our book club Selection for November: For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf by Ntosake Shange.














To excite that action/drama inside you: The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah.  This book is loaded with action, drama and a few other things that will keep you reading from page to page!!

Photo Credit: rhymeswithsnitch.com















Fireplace Worthy: Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama. (When does he have time to write?  I need to know his secret!!)  I plan to read this really soon.  I'm sure our esteemed President has great advice that he gives his children which could be used in our families as well.
Photo Credit: Associated Press














To stir those passionate/love/lustful feelings I suggest:  The Hot Box by Zane.  No explanation needed for this one!! Ladies, read with caution!!
Photo Credit: bookeg.com














And.....for those holiday meals, treats, and eats, I have to suggest (and recommend for you non cookers) that you have a cookbook on hand!  What better way to stay warm during the winter than with some good, hot, delicious food, family, and a great book? (Ok, I can think of one other thing but I'm trying to stay on subject here)  Here are two cookbooks from our good ole friend Betty Crocker.....


Photo Credit: cooking.com

Photo Credit: bookrenter.com

















These are just a few of my suggestion for this winter.  I probably will add a few others to the list.  What are some of your suggestions?  Leave them in the comment box below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...