Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Remember Way Back When....

BY: TASHA DILLARD

Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again..... (Ahmad)
Remember that song? Man, it takes me back and makes me wonder......What was life before Barnes & Noble, Borders, Book-a-Million, and other large chain bookstores??  Do you find it some what challenging to remember that far back?  I remember going to the library on Saturday mornings to check out my favorite books. Those visits to the School Library to use Encyclopedias for book reports (you couldn't take them home).  Wow, remember Encyclopedias?? For those of you who are reading this and fall into the new technology generation (15-25) , you may have only heard of "Encyclopedias" and probably think I am referring to Wikipedia. Sorry, but no.  They are actually reference books that contain a wealth of information that are located in the Public/School Library available to you at anytime.  But I'm sure you will just google it instead of going to check one out.  But I digress....

What are your memories of the pre-mega bookstore experience?  Did you go frequent a small Mom & Pop bookstore or something similar? Tell us about your past bookstore experiences!!  Please leave your comments below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...